2020-2021 Reflections Theme: I Matter Because...
Hey Wolves! Its time to get creative with this years Reflections Art Contest. The theme this year is Look Within. Complete information and rules can be found on the Washington State PTA Reflections Page.
One of the great benefits of participating in the Reflections Art Contest is the opportunity show off your skills and talents to a group of people looking for work just like yours.It's a contest, so your project could win school, district, state or even national recognition!It would be a great thing to put on college applications that you participated in (and maybe even won!) a NATIONAL graphics/writing/dance/photography/music/film contest.
********Timbercrest PTSA is looking for a Reflections Chair. If you are interested please email Brooke Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
There are six categories for you to express yourself in:
1. Visual Arts. Original print, drawing, painting, collage (cut and pasted materials such as clippings and photos), metal etching or punch work, fiber work or computer-generated artwork.
2. Photography. A single photo, panoramic, photo montage (one print of multiple original photos), a multiple exposure, negative sandwich photogram. Original black-and-white and color images are accepted.
3. Literature. Prose, Poetry, Drama, Reflective essay, Narrative, Short story.
4. Music Composition. Acappella, Blues, Choral, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin, Musical, Orchestral, Pop, R&B, Religious, Rock, Symphonic/Concert Band and Traditional.
5. Dance Choreography. Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Folk Dance, Religious Dance, Dance Ensembles (color guard/indoor guard), Ice Skating/Dancing and Gymnastics Floor Routine.
6. Film Production. Animation: Demonstrates motion by sequencing still objects or using computer-generated graphics. Narrative: Tells a fictional story developed by the student. Documentary: Presents facts and information. Experimental: Explores movement, light and montage. Multimedia: Uses a combination of different contents (text, audio, still images, animation, etc.).
Students with disabilities can submit entries in the Special Artist division. The National PTA Special Artist Division is an option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or Section 504 to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program. The Special Artist Division offers modified rules and guidelines to ensure that every student has the chance to be part of the National PTA Reflections program.
You can submit multiple pieces in different categories, but only piece per category (i.e. a poem and a picture but not two poems or two pictures). The top three entries in each section will have their submissions go to district competitions. The top entries in district go on to state and finally onto compete nationally in this art competition. Your entry could win in a national art contest!
You can download the entry form from the WA State PTA Reflections page.
Get your creative juices flowing and share some of your amazing and creative ideas!